Posts Tagged ‘songs’
Tomorrow night from 6:00-7:00p.m. lovuzzz!
Join us at Best Buy in Chelsea (23rd and 6th Ave)
we’ll be rockin’ out to most of our new songs, hope to see you there!
Lovers, parents, colleagues, friends
come out before St. Patty’s Ends
Strangers, besties, acquaintances
Caffe Vivaldi I recommend
to hear songs of life and love
enjoy thyself and get free hugs
I promise this you won’t regret
and wear your green, don’t forget!
Caffe Vivaldi- TONIGHT!
32 Jones St
9:30pm, no cover!
Opening is the very talented Brandon Harris, so don’t be late!
I’m not exactly consistent with my exercising, but when I decide to I love to do it with music…it’s the only way to do it really. About 2 or 2 & 1/2 years ago I made a mix called “Kick Ace!” that I pretty much use every time I need exercise music, usually when I dance around inside rather than go running. I’m not the type who likes to hold an ipod while I run really. My workouts change, but I usually do ab work, push-ups sometimes, and I always dance around like crazy however I feel moved to. I also have a hula-hoop that I love. Anyway, I’ve decided to share Hope’s workout mix with you all. There are a few songs I don’t really like as much as I use to, so I usually just skip through them…keep in mind this was two years ago and #’s 9-11 are more cool down songs. ENjoy.
1. I Like the Way You Move by: The Bodyrockers
2. Intergalactic by: The Beastie Boys
3. Dance Dance by: Fall Out Boy (one of those I don’t like so much anymore)
4. The Rockafellar Skank (Funk Soul Brother) by: Fatboy Slim
5. I Just Wanna Live by: Good Charlotte
6. I See You Baby (Shaking that …) by: Groove Armada
7. Jerk it Out by: The Caesars
8. Alive and Amplified by: The Mooney Suzuki
9. You Only Get What You Give by: The New Radicals (which has long been one of my all time faves and is also my phone ring )
10. Beverly Hills by: Weezer
11. My United States of Whatever by: Liam Lynch
12. Float On by: Modest Mouse
13. Love and Memories by: O.A.R.
14. Sexy Back by: Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland
15. London Bridge (Oh Snap) by: Fergie
16. Black Horse and The Cherry Tree by: KT Tunstall
17. Ain’t No Other Man by: Christina Aguilera
18. SOS (Rescue Me) by: Rihanna
19. Lady by: Lenny Kravitz
Anyone want to rate my workout mix?
Went to The Doves concert tonight at Terminal 5. The venue was pretty cool. My boyfriend and I stood on cushioned seats in order to see, it was pretty much standing room only. We went to the top (third floor), it was less crowded up there. The 2nd and 3rd levels had V.I.P. sections blocked off right by the balcony edges. I enjoyed it, but the sound wasn’t quite as great as it could have been. Perhaps I’m spoiled by sound of the album. I was surprised by how nice the venue was, especially for being so far on the West Side of Manhattan. They showed videos throughout the whole show on a big screen behind them, it was more entertaining than some shows that just shine bright lights or show swirlies on a screen the whole time. They came out for an encore after perhaps 3 minutes of clapping. I’d guess the audience was about 2,000 people maybe, give or take a thousand, kidding…probably 2,000, but I was never the best at guesstimating. The songs were pretty well balanced between their old and new albums, which I liked.
I scored a free ticket to a show the last week of May, one night after work. It was for The Roots, it was pretty dope. It wasn’t what I expected though, they actually had quite a few guest artists come on stage every once in a while to perform. I really liked the opening band, Elevator Fight. I had heard one of their songs before. The lead singer, Zoe Kravitz, Lenny Kravitz’s daughter had a really great stage presence. It was a fun unexpected thing to do.
I should really start making it a goal to see at least one live performance a month.